“You’re only as good as the tools you use.”
This saying has been around for many years and highlights the importance of using the correct tools for the job. What is meant by “tools” in environmental services? The solution that is utilized during the project to assist you in completing your objectives. Consequently, it means that your organization is only as good as the solutions that you use.
The best solutions address environmental, economic, and social interests. All of them, not just one or two!
There are plenty of environmental solutions out there. The challenge for project managers is to find the right ones to implement for their project. Consider how a particular solution will work to achieve the desired outcome. This requires that solution framework be specifically developed and adapted to fit the circumstances in which the site is operating. Furthermore, it is essential to develop an solution implementation plan that considers the link between the environmental problem, governance, and management processes;
- Results of stakeholder consultation processes and continued dialogue with those to whom the solution(s) is (are) to be applied;
- Risks, consequences, and mitigation actions;
- Internal and external administrative capacity and resources;
- The plan (process) for implementing and approving environmental solution(s); and,
- The plan/process to evaluate the solution post-implementation.
In most cases, it is no longer good enough to deal with environmental challenges by applying traditional solutions – Forcing project owners to look for alternatives.
Here at EnCAP-IT, along with our Partners, we are the leading authority in Encapsulated Mechanically Stabilized Earthen (eMSE) structures. Let us show how you can benefit from this green, proven innovation. Let’s talk.